My husband misses the point sometimes, which makes the Bloggess the best decoy ever


.

Firstly, the internet being down for the better part of a week really sucks. Fortunately, the torture is over and I get to spend the next few days catching up on my feeds while trying to ignore the feeling of my pelvic bones shifting around when I move.

It's honestly amusing the number of times now that my husband has looked at me and very seriously informed me, "No taxidermied animals!"

As a response, it's a great illustration of comically missing the point when I say I totally want to be like the Bloggess. I've told him before that he doesn't have to worry about taxidermied animals from me. I'm not referring to the items involved in the crazy antics, just the antics themselves.

Because of this, though, it turns the Bloggess into the perfect decoy. Every time he tells me "no taxidermied animals", he's forgetting about things he might actually need to worry about. Like, "no teaching our son how to dissect insects". Or, "no, you can't have all the kittens at the SPCA, no matter how cute they are".

Actually, I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with things for him to worry about right now. That's probably got something to do with the pregnancy brain though, which truly kicked in with a vengeance about the time baby dropped. My memory might be pretty bad, but usually I can remember if I flushed the toilet ten seconds ago, or that I've already grabbed some meat out of the freezer for tea. And then proceeded to wander out to get meat out of the freezer another five times since already. In the last hour and a half.

Lastly, something my mum showed me ages back that I went looking for in order to show my husband. NSFW (swearing).

Post a Comment